Volunteer and help make a difference
At Seniors Social CIC one of our major strengths is the network of volunteers that support us and contribute to the welfare of our clients and the quality of our service. There are a range of volunteering opportunities at Seniors Social including committee members, trustees, activity helpers and general donors and supporters.
We would like to build and extend our network of volunteers and would like to meet anyone who would like to become involved in our day service. Between us we can determine how we can effectively use your time and skills to maximise mutual benefit. We will provide the necessary support and training to help in your new role.
If you have some spare time each week, fortnight or even once a month, we will always value your help and invite you to contact us to discuss the opportunity.
These are some of the attributes we are seeking in volunteers:
- Enjoy older peoples’ company, can listen, talk and share memories.
- Bring your daily experiences into the centre to share and help stimulate attendees
- Help with board games, crosswords, quizzes, arts and crafts
- Have a particular skill you could share
- Help to escort attendees on days out
- Have some new and stimulating ideas for entertaining our residents
Did we describe you?
Do you think you may be able to help? Gaining experience with us will be useful if you wish to pursue a career in social care and other related disciplines. Please contact us to find out more.